Friday, November 23, 2012

Thank you Lord for…

It’s the day after Thanksgiving and for the past 24 hours my head has been swirling with things I am thankful for. This has been a challenging year, but a year full of blessings. I am grateful to God for the big things and the little things! Here is my list:

Thank you Lord for…

-My family that is supportive of my calling to work overseas and do whatever they can to help me out.

-My husband that encourages me and keeps me steady. It has been a transitional year and I can’t imagine him not at my side.

-Our supporters that give and pray faithfully for us every month- it is amazing what God does through all of you.

-Friends back in the States that stay in touch and pray for me in spite of the distance.

-Friends all over the world that we have met in a variety of contexts and have made an impact on our lives.

-Co-workers and friends here in Bogota that fill my day with support and laughter.

-Adorable students who are eager to learn.

-A school focused on helping students grow closer to you.

-The little things in life: breakfast in bed on the weekends, libraries with ebooks that I can check out overseas, inexpensive street food, convenient transportation system, internet that makes communication easy, warm blankets, hot chocolate, inexpensive airline tickets, and sunshine almost every day.

---and last, but most important---

-Your son, my savior and redeemer, through whom I am able to have a relationship with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment