Sunday, April 14, 2013

Alicia en el Pais de las Maravillas

If you know me, you know I like long-term projects. The ones that have lots of pieces and I get to see them all come together. Well, this year I took on the long term project of co-directing the high school play “Alice in Wonderland”. When I started I can honestly say that I knew it would be a project- a fun kind of project. But little did I know just how BIG of a project this would really be.

Thankfully I have a wonderful co-director who did this last year and we make a great team. Many, many times through this process we come up with the same idea and run with it! It’s been great.

Oh, and the actors? They are pretty great too! We have some amazing talent and lots of energy, so it has been fun to see things come together piece by piece.

And speaking of pieces- there are a lot: acting, blocking, stagecraft, props, costumes, make up, lights, music, choreography, tickets.. it’s enough to drive one batty. Thankfully we were able to pull from talented, wonderful people in our school and church community to help us out.

Thursday is opening night. I AM SO EXCITED. I am excited to see my actors give their all. I am excited to see all the pieces come together. And most of all I am so excited to be transformed into the land of wonderland.

Check it out!

DSC_0377 DSC_0386 DSC_0429DSC_0472DSC_0417 DSC_0419  DSC_0456  DSC_0467   DSC_0476 HS- Jaundis DSC_0469HS- Mafe

No comments:

Post a Comment