Monday, July 16, 2012

8 days remaining

Tickets are purchased and all of our start-up funds have arrived! We are ready to FLY!

Usually I am not one for countdowns. I like to enjoy each day and when I have a countdown I tend to focus on the future rather than the present. This time is different. I am ready to go!

I am ready to have my own apartment and claim it as a “Trussell Sanctuary”.

I am ready to go into my new classroom, set up and prepare for all my students.

I am ready to unpack my suitcase.

I am ready to meet a new community of teachers and staff that are working towards the same goals.

I am ready to have a routine and schedule.

I am ready to be in a Spanish-speaking country and learn all sorts of new things.

I am ready to meet my students and see their adorable faces.

I am ready to see what  God is going to do this year and how He is going to shape us.

Although I am ready to leave, there are many fun things going on as well. I am in the middle of a week of 4 weddings- one of which I am a bridesmaid. I also am going to get together with family, and hopefully finish all our shopping. Time will fly- but I am blessed to leave on such a good note.

God knew what he was doing bringing us to Oregon early. We were able to make good connections with our churches. We have been able to visit with a lot of family and friends that would have been overlooked. We were able to travel to our missions orientation and connect with the new wave of TeachBeyond workers. And most of all we were given time to grieve, grow and transition. Because of this extra time I know we are READY for Colombia and what God has planned next!

During our trip to Chicago we were able to visit our Mali friend Hilary (and her fiance and sister)! We went to 6 flags as part of the festivities.

100_0137

Then my dear friend Elise got married! It was a fun wedding!

 100_0148 IMG_8113 IMG_8118

No comments:

Post a Comment