Wednesday, August 7, 2013

First day of school!

Well, it’s here. The new school year. Every year our first day includes 2 hours with the students and a picnic afterwards with all the families. It was so fun to see parents of my students from last year as well as begin to meet the new ones. This year my class is 13 boys and 8 girls. If today is any indication, it is going to be a talkative, energetic group! Ed was able to hang out with all of his students as they checked out books and met the new teachers.

Earlier this week my co-teacher shared with me some verses that God had given her about our role as teachers. Proverbs 31:8-9

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves,
for the rights of all who are destitute.
Speak up and judge fairly;
defend the rights of the poor and needy.

She said that a bit part of our job is to be a voice for our students to their parents and to the school. This has stuck with me this week as we prepare. A reminder that in order for me to speak up for someone I have to know them- their strengths and weaknesses. My prayer is that I can know my children the same way that Christ knows them. One day at a time. Listening. Watching. Caring. I am excited to see how I can serve these students and love them as Jesus does.

On a lighter note, here are some pictures:

Ed looking snazzy!100_2258

Pre-Kinder team 2013! 100_2267Pre-Kinder door    100_2260

Panorama of the pre-kinder classroom100_2295

No comments:

Post a Comment