Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Working at an MK school...

.. Has brought me face-to-face with missionaries from around the world. It is so cool to see the global work of missions and reminds me daily MISSIONS IS NOT JUST A NORTH AMERICAN VENTURE!

I was reading the newest edition of Operation World (an amazing resource for understanding what is happening around the world- country by country) that "since the 1970's there has been a surge of interest and involvement in missions from the majority world (Asia, Africa, South America). Mission sending has recently gained or maintained momentum in countries such as Ethiopia, Nigeria, Brazil, Philippines, South Korea and others." (page 7)

In my school of 12 families we have students from 3 of the 5 countries listed! In my class there are students from Brazil and Nigeria, and also we have a student from South Korea. I was reminded of the truly international aspect of BCA and excited to see, not just read, the global plan God has for the world! SO COOL!
Sometimes my kids look a little scared... or maybe it's just the sasquatch...

2 comments:

  1. If this were on Facebook, I would have just marked "like", but since it's not, I will tell you that I enjoyed your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great! I´m glad to be part of this... It´s a gift from God. Love your blog Sarah...best wishes Paula

    ReplyDelete