Thursday, August 12, 2010

up up and away

I have made it to the East coast- DC to be exact. I was able to get some sleep on the flight over and am now chilling for my last few hours in the United States.

I found out upon my check in with Ethiopian Airlines that their carry on allowance is only 15 pounds. Since I am accustomed to US flights, I am 20 pounds over. Thankfully, that seems to be a normal occurrence and they just went ahead and checked my carry on in at no extra cost. I just pray that none of my luggage is lost- for I will be clothes less!

Another interesting tidbit is peoples reaction when they see that I am going to Bamako, Mali. The check in lady in Seattle didnt seem to know where that was. The check in guy for Ethiopian airlines gave me a look that said "you're crazy" partially because I am so white, and partially because he realized I have 25 hours of flights (not including layovers). Oh, well! Its just part of the adventure!

Well just wanted to update you guys- and now am in desperate need of food!!! Thanks for all your prayers and the next time you will hear from me I will be in AFRICA!

No comments:

Post a Comment