Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Advent Day 11

Genesis 1, Isaiah 1:18, Psalm 51:1-10

I had to laugh that today I am to make a snow man. I mean- I live in Mali. People here wear winter parkas when it is below 70 degrees (I am not exaggerating). So, snow is a little distant from my reality.

That being said, I love snow. The cleanliness. The fresh air. The glimmer off the trees. It is beautiful. At least for the first day or two. The the dirt starts to get mixed in. The white is a little more brown. It’s just not enough.

God describes forgiving our sin as washing us white a snow. Not dirty snow- the white, crisp fluffy snow. I am so glad that no matter how wicked my heart was and how much sin I have to deal with, God is always able to bring my heart back to the “white” as snow.

And even though we dont have snow in Mali I was able to make a snowman with freezer frost.  Check out my super cute snowman!

No comments:

Post a Comment