Friday, December 23, 2011

Advent Day 14

Encouragment!

Acts 15:22-31

The early church communicated by letters- it was the best way to share life across the distance. Being overseas, I understand the importance of communicating with people far away. It is so important to know what is going on in the lives of people that I care about.

The activity in this devotion is to write a letter to someone. I knew right away who I would write. There is one family here in Bamako that need to know how much we appreciate them. They are always willing to help us out and go above and beyond. For example we are going camping today and they are lending us a truck, tent, camping gear and a few little "extras" just to be a blessing.

I am going to miss them since they are leaving furlough this coming week. It will be a strange 6 months not spending time with them or with their children at the school.

Ed and I both are very appreciative and want to make sure that they know how much of a blessing they are to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment