Monday, December 26, 2011

An Answered Prayer

This Christmas has been a time of joy and celebration! I had the joy of celebrating my first Christmas with my husband in a country where we love serving. We spent most of the day with two other “young married” couples feasting, watching movies and playing games.

God has been good to us this past year. Upon returning to the States last June, I had spent time in prayer asking God to provide Ed and I with a community of peers in Bamako. Last year I had awesome room-mates and great friends, but most of them headed home over the summer. I was concerned that we would become isolated and asked God specifically to bring couple friends into our lives. God directly answered that prayer with two other married couples with whom we have become good friends. Over Christmas weekend we spent time camping (yes, in December), rock climbing and hanging out with this group! It was so apparent to me that God really does answer our prayers!

DSC_0475 DSC_0494

Camping out the wilderness, then rock climbing!

DSC_0452

The men made us pancakes for breakfast! (Ed is a cooking pro!)

  DSC_0233

Christmas dinner- Ham, Mac&Cheese, and even friend okra- thanks to the Southern folks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment