Friday, December 2, 2011

Advent Day 5

Even in Mali we can have a Christmas tree! And Lights!



Matthew 4:12-17, Isaiah 9:1-3, Matthew 5:14-16

Today is LIGHT! Jesus is the light of the world. We are to be lights. Lights, lights, lights.

Never before have I stopped to ponder why we use lights at Christmas. I mean the Christian theme is clear- Jesus coming into the dark world to bring salvation. But I have never pondered it.

Light is magical. Bright light allows us to see everything. Gentle light brings a relaxed, calming mood. Sparkling lights bring energy and excitement. It's amazing how much LIGHT affects our lives.

In Bible class this year we talked about the "I am's" of Jesus with one being light. We discussed how light illuminates, gives direction, expels darkness, and attracts (espeically mosquitos). Its so much part of our lives, yet I hardly stop to think about it.

We as followers of Jesus are to be light. We are to illuminate the truth. We are to give direction. We are to expel darkness. And our light attracts those to want to know Jesus more.

What a fun picture this time of year!

PS: I got all my Christmas decorations out yesterday. My house is a delightful lighted palace!

No comments:

Post a Comment