Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Advent Day 13- Messiah Choir

Psalm 150
Praise the Lord. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre, praise him with timbrel and dancing, praise him with the strings and pipe, praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

Praise the Lord.
I had the privilege of attending the" Messiah" two times this Christmas season. Ed and many of my friends were in the English-speaking choir.  The first concert I was focused on taking pictures, and keeping track of my high school helpers as they wandered up the bell tower (tsk, tsk) so I didn't really absorb. The second concert, however, I was able to stop, to listen and reflect. There were moments where my focus was taken off the crowd, the choir and lifted to heaven. It was so fun to rejoice as an audience member and praise my God. Not only that, but the choir sounded pretty good!
What a wonderful time of year to celebrate Christ and praise his name!
 
DSC_0051
Inside the Bamako Cathedral! Beautiful place for a concert!
DSC_0235
Hauling in the crate for the men to stand on
DSC_0270
Ed looks so serious
DSC_0245
At the cultural Palace.
DSC_0269
Our friend Rob was one of the two directors for the show
DSC_0080
Everyone standing for the "Hallelujah Chorus"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment